Monday, March 8, 2010

17 more days!! :)


As this pregnancy comes to an end, which is both a very happy/exciting time and a very sad time..I thought it would be fun to jot down a few things that I've been thankful for and just some general feelings I have.


I see myself as a pretty happy pregnant person. Why?? because I LOVE being pregnant:) I really do and I'm not lying. I am always annoyed by the people that use pregnancy as a handicap to get people to serve them, think they are disabled and can't work, are always complaining and whining and start to make it known that "I want this kid out of me and NOW!!!", or use it to get attention. Come on is what I say, when you decided to get pregnant, did you not realize what it really meant or what..Pregnancy is not a handicap, nor does it make you any different than the non pregnant person next to you. (All this taking into effect having an uncomplicated pregnancy) I realize there are times when you need to be on bedrest --and have people cater to you and what not. I also realize that some people do get "morning sickness" but I also believe that it is your mind set when you are nauseated and throwing up that makes it bad or tolerable. Wow...that was a can of worms that I just went off on, sorry..


Anyway..

Things I won't miss about pregnancy:


Pregnancy induced carpal tunnel!!!!!
Sleeping with a wrist brace on each hand.
Having no balance or grace
Having a hard time getting in my jeep.
Being hot and sweaty while everyone else is complianing of being cold
Sleeping hot and having to gt up a few times each night to sit someplace cool and drink water
Taking ten minutes to get out of bed while sounding like i weigh 1000 lbs
Not being able to bend over to pick things up.



Things I will miss about pregnancy or that i have been thankful for:


Laying on the couch in the evenings and watching my belly move all over the place:)
The whole fascination of pregnancy, how it makes you feel and all the milestones along the way.
I have never missed a day of work during two pregnancies
I am able to work right up to delivery
I don't get uncomfortable with back pain, etc.
I threw up less than 10 times with both pregnancies combined
How awesome my hair grows
I swear I cry less and fart less too
How cute Ash has been with all her questions, fascination with my belly, always telling brother she loves him and giving him hugs and kisses every day.


So over the next few days as my delivery date comes closer and closer, instead of focusing on when he will decide to come, I am instead gonna enjoy my R&R, put my feet up and enjoy one of the things I enjoy most in life. I am not scared of being the mother of two, nor am I wondering how it will all work out. I am just plain EXCITED!!!!!



2 comments:

Jennifer said...

You are totally right! I loved being prego too! Just reading this made me want to go through it all over again : )

The Isoms said...

YAY! It's def. count down time! How exciting!
I too LOVE being pregnant. It is just amazing to me! I LOVE feeling the baby move around!
Ash is so cute! I love how curious little kids are about pregnancy.
Good Luck! Can't wait!