Saturday, May 8, 2010

Cotton Days


So my camera died so I can't post any pics but this one. Anyway, this week Washington City has been celebrating Cotton Days. I swear either they didn't have this when I lived there growing up or the festivities just weren't as big. Its quite the fun little celebration!! Last night I took Ash to the movie in the park, Disney's original Alice In Wonderland. Ash loved it!!! Then this morning I took her to the parade followed by games and rides at the park. I swear every year, she is less and less afraid of things. (Some still say she's afraid of her shadow) But to me who sees her every day, I see that she isn't and she is actually growing and toughening up. There is this old man that shoots a muzzle loader at every parade in town and it is the loadest dang gun and every parade Ash cries when it goes off, BUT NOT this year. She rode two rides: a ferris wheel and some spinning strawberries. Both without me, and instead with strange kids and on one ride she was locked up with two boys and didn't even care. Next, her and Lucan got their pic taken with the Star Wars guys (storm troopers and I thought Darth Vader but cody says its just a fighter guy) Anyway, she played all the games by herself and even won herself two goldfish at one ball toss thing. We spent all morning there and I am sunburnt and now suffering allergies. Lucan survived the heat and his first parade like a trooper. Infact right now he is smiling and cooing at the fish on his swing. I can't believe how old he is and he is such a happy baby, we LOVE him.

1 comment:

Cram Family said...

They did have it it just was not as big!! I couldnt believe how much they had going on!! It was good to see you. Your kids are so cute!!