Sunday, July 6, 2008

Fourth of July!!!










We started our morning at 9am at the Vernon Worthen Park. It looked like a lot of fun but Ashlee didn't think so. She would not do any of the cute games until she got to ride the train. But we were trying to wait for grandma and grandpa chadburn to get there before she did that. After a half an hour of walking around doing nothing we finally went to buy tickets to some of the bigger rides. The first was the train, she was so excited to give the guy her tickets and we stood in line. But when it was her turn to board the train she freaked. I couldn't even coax her so we went and got her tickets back. Then she said she wanted to ride these merry go round type swings. I was not too excited to stand in line again just to have her get scared at the last minute but we went anyway and warned the guy not to tear up her tickets incase she wouldn't ride. Well, she got on without a fight but she really didn't look to be having much fun. Next we went to a blow up slide/obstacle course and she again was so excited but after she climbed the stairs to the enterance she freaked out. The mean mom I am shoved her through the hole anyway thinking she would calm down and come out the other side but I was wrong, I had to pull her back out of the hole and once again go get our tickets back. At this point I was done I was hot and wanted to go home. But grandma and grandpa wanted cotton candy, snow cones and face painting. So we did that, she liked the stars on her face after the fact but she appeared to be scared to death during the whole process. We tried to get her to jump in a bounce house too but it was a no go. Before we left she wanted to ride the swings one more time so I let her. Besides I still had a boat load of tickets left. We gave our last few tickets away and then she played a game of golf with grandpa, ring toss, football (with coaxing). We went home after that and she took a long 4 1/2 hour nap. When she woke up we went to a BBQ with some friends and then split off on our own and watched the fireworks. She enjoyed those as long as her fingers were in her ears. What a silly kid!! The Washingon County fair is coming to town next month and before this day I thought about taking her. Oh I forgot to mention that as we were leaving the park she commented on the cool train and how fun it looked to ride. She is definately 3!!!!!

4 comments:

Erika said...

Oh funny! Kids, eh! You do all these things for them thinking they'll love it and really they'd have the most fun with a cardboard box or something like it!! Cute story!! Happy 4th!

SarahJane said...

I can't believe how grown up Ashlee looks in that first pic. I wish we could have been there! Oh well, hopefully we'll see each other soon. How was the reunion? I was really looking forward to it and I'm sad I missed it.

Anyway, I'm re-doing our blog to post on our adoption site. I can't have anything with our last name in it, so I'm re-doing the whole thing. I can't think of what to call it yet. justinsarah&nathan??? That's kinda long.

Anonymous said...

Tawsh! I got help with my page from a friend. You definatly need to check out thecutestblogontheblock.com I'm glad I finally have this somewhat figured out. I can't wait to experiment more. But that means more picture taking :( I'm horrible at that. Anyway. I'll keep checking your blog. Thanks for the extra 'friends'

Chadburn said...

What a child she is. Afraid of nothing!!!!!!!! At least she had fun on the 24th.
Love, mom