Sunday, July 27, 2008

A Case of Cellulitis

So the other morning Ashlee woke up with this flaming red, swollen, and super hot area on the top of her foot. I took her to her doctor that night and they said she had cellulitis. They wanted to cut it open and drain the infection but decided to instead draw a circle around it so I could watch for it to spread easier and then put her on a strong antibiotic. I was kinda worried about her cause for those of you that don't know what this is, it can get pretty bad. I have seen cases of cellulitis where the skin gets so infected it starts to die and turns black. Then they have to do surgery to cut away the dead tissue and hope new grows in. These pictures don't really do it justice, I think it looked alot worse in person but I couldn't get her to hold very still to take good ones. Anyway, I think it is better but not all the way gone. She finisherd her last dose of antibiotic last night and she still has a little red area on her foot with a hard lump under it. Which is still some infection looming I guess. So hopefully the medicine keeps working for a few more days and it totally clears up otherwise I will have to take her back to the doctor.




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my Gosh! Poor kid :( I hope it gets better.I can't imagine having to deal with that. Good Luck! & keep us posted

SarahJane said...

Poor girl! She's had to go through so much with her skin. I can remember how awful it was dealing with Nate's ecxema, but she's always had it worse. Hopefully it clears up soon!

JeriAnn said...

Yikes! How did she get that? I can;t wait to see everyone in vegas. I hope you're working on a tan for me too!

Trudy Mickelle Stanton said...

We had fun with you guys on Sunday! Thanks for coming along! (and the great idea to go) Quinn keeps asking if he can go to the water park with "Baby Ashlee". I was glad I even got a touch of a tan. I'm gonna have to keep working on that. So I'm not the whiter that Jeri, who's got an excuse because she's in Seattle. Well take care!

Anonymous said...

oooooooooh, that is so scary. I hate stuff like that. hope things are goin good besides that