Friday, September 18, 2009

The Children's Parade
















So very last minute, my friend Josie called me and asked about entering our girls in the children's parade for the rodeo this year. I was hesitant at first because that left us only 3 days to get ready and I'm the type of person that likes to have things all planned out and in order rather than spur of the moment type procrastination stuff. It just really stresses me out a lot more than it should. But the more I thought about it the more fun it sounded and so I said what the heck lets do it!! Besides I knew it would be good for Ash to do something like this. (I'm always looking for ways to let her be more "Brave"). I literally threw her bike and outfit together 3 hours before the parade and owe a big thanks to Josie for all her ideas and help.

I was worried about two things #1 would Ash chicken out last minute when she realized all the people that would be looking at her and that I wouldn't be just right there or #2 could her little legs really pedle and be able to keep up for 6 blocks in the heat.


Well, they started out slow but they eventually got the hang of it and were able to keep up, they finished the whole 6 blocks on their own and were dang cute out there. I know it was just a silly children's parade but I was so proud of her. She did awesome out there. She should have smiled more than she did but I asked her about that and she said, "But mom I couldn't smile, I was concentrating on riding my bike too much". I think she was worried about not keeping up or not stopping in time if the person in front of her stopped.


But she was so cute out there and it was fun for me as I walked along the side walk, to hear all the comments about her from the crowd. The judges must have loved them too because I actually just found out that her and Ava won for the double entry. Good job Girls!!! So that means they are a part of the big General Parade tomorrow. I hope to get some more and better pics tomorrow but here is what I have so far.










3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm going to make Matt walk along the sidewalk to keep an eye on Aspen, I'll be taking pics...So I'll try to get some of Ash and Ava too

SarahJane said...

How cute Tawsha! Was that your idea? Anyway, very cute. Hope you had a wonderful day yesterday...I'll call you today sometime (sorry I didn't call yesterday). Love ya!

Matt and Kaylynn said...

Where did ashlee get all her braveness? Looks like she did a great job and the idea was adorable wish I could have been there to wittness this event in person