Tuesday, May 31, 2011

CrossFit

So a couple weeks ago my cousin Pam was thinking of starting this CrossFit program at a new Fitness Center but she was looking for someone to go with her..I saw her posts on Facebook about it a few times talking about how there was no body here intown that would go with her and she didn't wanna go alone and decided it only made sense since we live a couple houses away from each other and work sorta the same schedule that I should be her partner..I was a little (well alot actually) scared of #1 working out in public #2 being a whimp compared to Pam and anyone else that saw how weak I am and #3 spending the time away from my family and money on this..

But from the end of January to April I lost 20 pounds just by cutting out all soda and candy and trying to work on eating better portions..but I wanted to add to this progress and start being more active and actually working out in hopes of loosing another 10 or more..so I was willing to give it a try..

Pam is doing a journal on her blog as far as what the workouts we do each day are and also her stats..I want to start a journal of this new adventure in my life so I can also see how I am coming along..So here it goes:

My first day was Sat May 21st at 8 am. I got up and ready for Pam to pick me up. That was the first accomplishment, getting up that early on a Sat and actually leaving the house. I think my heart pounded the whole way there. I walked in the door and Ryan said "Hey Tawsha, you made it". Pam was a little confused and so was I as to how he knew who I was and my name. I guess it was just from face book or something and he just put two and two together. But that is how nice that guy is. He is so supportive and caring and not intimidating at all. Anyway,We started by doing a warm up, and that in itself was a huge workout for me. The warm up is kinda the same each day.

100 revolutions with the Jump Rope
10 Cobras
10 Push Ups
10 Pull Ups
10 V's
10 Bridges
10 Marching
10 Side Lunges
And then working your muscles on the white foam roller ball.




WORKOUT DAY#1
Filthy Fifty (but since it was my 1st day instead of 50 of each I was asked to do 10 or 15 of all but the jump ropes)

100 Double Rope/150 revolutions or knee jumps (did 150 single jumps)
KettleBell
PVC Press
Box Jumps
Ball/Wall Squats
Knee to Elbow
Pull Ups
Superman
Walking Lunges
Ring Rows
Mountain Climber/Stand

My time was 18:45..

**I did this work out at 8 am and then went to the 'What Women Want Expo' and stood on my feet from 12 to 7 and then tore down our booth. Then next day I couldn't walk or even get up and down off the toilet..I thought I had seriously injured something but come to find out it was just my lazy out of shape butt getting a wake up call. I had to really convince myself to go back a second day but I did and am so glad..I feel so good right now and just love this new part of my life..


WORKOUT DAY #2
20 chest press
20 box jumps
20 jumping pull ups
15 chest press
20 box jumps
25 jumping pull ups
10 chest press
20 box jumps
30 jumping pull ups
5 chest press
20 box jumps
35 jumping pull ups

Don't remember my time but I did finish and thats what counts!!





WORKOUT DAY #3
45 Revolutions Jump Rope (Or 15 Double)
25 Ring Rows
50 Air Squats
1 Lap around Building

Now the catch with this is that the timer was set for 15 minutes and we had to see how many sets we could do in that time. I did 3! :) I beat someone that's been doing Cross Fit for a month! The running was more than I could handle..I hate running, infact Ryan asked if I liked running and I said "hell no" and he said "good we'll do more then" Crap that was apperantly the wrong answere. I also did Zumba for the first time ever that night. I learned from that 2 things, I am super uncoordinated and my pelvis can not move..but I will get better. And all this was AFTER I donated Plasma!


WORKOUT day #4
TABATA!
Push Ups
Knee to Chin
Front Squats
Sit Ups.

If you DONT know what Tabata is.. It's INSANE! You take the 1st exercise and do it for 20 seconds HARD then rest for 10 seconds and repeat that 7 more times. Then you rest for a minute and go through the rest exactly the same...ouch!!!!



WORKOUT DAY #5
FIGHT GONE BAD!! This workout mimiced a UFC fight.
Chest press
Wall Ball
Box Jumps
Sumo Dead Lift
Burpees

This was insanely hard!!! We had a partner while we did this who counted our reps of each thing and added them up at the end for one big grand total..The timer was started and we did each exercise hard for one minute and then had to rotate to the next exercise..After doing them all for a total of 5 mins of pushing yourself hard we got to rest for 60 seconds and then it started all over. We did this 3 times...I was dead at the end, but my number was 270..





WORKOUT #6
MURPH

*experienced level*
run 1 mile
100 pullups
200 push ups
300 air squats
run 1 mile

*intermediate level*
3 laps around warehouse (3/4 of a mile)
50 pull ups
100 push ups
200 air squats
4 laps around warehouse (almost a mile)

*beginner level*
2 laps
25 pull ups
50 push ups
100 air squats
3 laps



For this one Ryan told me to do the beginner level for one, i am still pretty new to the whole working out thing not just to cross fit and for two, i had been in a car all day long so i was pretty stiff already..i did the whole beginner level in 21:45..there were 3 other people that did that level and i was in second place by just seconds..but really i count myself as coming in first. cody had come to pick up lucan right as i finished my first run so i stopped to help him gather up all the stuff and the baby..that took a lot of time, then ash was with me and i had to help her get her scooter out of the car on my last run so she could keep up with me..i bet i would have been done in 20 mins..oh well..the fact that i ran and didn't have to walk any alone was a big accomplishment for me..






SORRY THAT WAS REALLY LONG POST BUT THIS IS MY FITNESS JOURNAL TO TRACK HOW I HAVE BEEN DOING..I WANT TO REMEMBER MY TIMES AND WHAT I ACTUALLY CAN DO AND LOOK BACK DOWN THE ROAD..SO EACH DAY I AM GONNA JOT DOWN THE WORK OUT AND MY TIME.

7 comments:

SarahJane said...

Awesome job Tawsha! I wish there was something like that here.

Anonymous said...

YaY Tawsh! I totally think you should do weigh ins too! ryan did that same thing to me my 1st day! He's got an insane memory. And now you know you're not as out of shape as you thought! Beating a 1 monther! Sheesh! And there's no way I should intimidate you! I'm glad you decided to do this with me! Thanks!

victoria said...

Sounds AWESOME! Your pics of the kiddos are so cute I cant believe how big Ash is.

victoria said...

ooops. I guess Victoria was logged into my computer. This and the last comment were from Mandy! lol

Tiffini said...

That's an accomplishment, congrats. Wish I was that motivated!!

Erika said...

Good job! That's awesome. And I thought my 100-200 daily jumping jacks were hard work...

Mills Family said...

holy cow tawsh...you are amazing!! I envy your motivation!! So cool!!!