Friday, June 27, 2008

Swim Lessons







Ashlee has now taken swimming lessons 4 times. The first 3 times was parent tot and this last time was her first level one. The first day was pretty sad, she walked through the glass door to her teacher that was standing right there and I quietly said, "This is Ashlee and she's gonna cry, sorry but its her first time". He said thats ok and took her in his hand and shut the door. As soon as she realized I wasn't swimming too she went hysterical. I couldn't hear her but I could see through the glass that she was crying pretty hard, her shoulders were moving up and down it was so bad. Cody said he thought they were gonna kick her out. I was nervous that it wouldn't work too. Well, about 20 minutes later she finally quit crying. The poor teacher, a 17 year old boy, just carried her through the water I felt bad. The second day, I couldn't peel her off me to set her down into the water, but she only cried a few minutes. The third day was much better. She was funny in that she would cry to swimming lessons and for a few minutes the first couple days and then also when we left saying she wanted to go back. Once she wasn't crying she had fun. She was the youngest in the class but did everything they did. Except do anything but what the teacher asked. She was his favorite!! By the last day she was so attached to this kid that during free time I couldn't even get her to come play by me. She just stayed by Joe like he was her best friend. Ashlee is pretty shy so this whole experience was good for her. Even though its a pain to get off work pick her up and then take her 15 minutes to swim lessons and not get home til 7, I think I'm gonna do it again. It will help her not be so shy. Here are some pics. I was most impressed by her going down the big hydrotube and crawling across the green lilly pads, she was never daring enough to do it.

No comments: