Monday, November 24, 2008

Dr. Ott




My friend at work took this pic of Dr. Ott at his farewell luncheon. Some of you are probably looking at it and wondering "What the hell?!" Well, he was the one doctor that I worked for that you could get away with playing practical jokes on, why? well because he was usually first at teasing and tormenting you. One day me and one other nurse decided we wanted to show him that he wasn't the only one that could dish it out. We had been planning and saving supplies for months to decorate his car with. He pretty much set himself up for it by leaving his van unlocked with the keys right on the center console. We loaded his van from front to back and top to bottom with blown up balloons and shredded paper from our shredders at work. It was a mess!! Then we wrapped every door shut with plastic wrap with KY jelly and whip cream in between all the layers. We put KY on the door handles and tied condoms to his antenna. Off the back we hung empty Dr. Pepper cans. It was great!!! We got him good. Anyway, I have worked for him for 6 years, he helped me through my miscarriage and he even delivered Ashlee. Through all this we grew to be pretty good friends. He left my office in September however and he is really missed. He was the best ever to work for!! So on his last day and to make sure he never forgot us, the nurses got him a little gift to remember us by. He HATES cafe rio, so we went and got an empty salad container and even got the cover to make it look like it was really a salad, filled it with candy, a pile of fake poop (which we later put on his head because we thought he was a shit head for leaving), a pen that shocks you when you click the top ( I tricked him with one of those once and now he won't borrow a pen from anyone) and then put a fake ice cube with a bug in it in his drink. Then we wrapped him in plastic wrap in rememberance of his van. I think there was more but I can't remember now. Anyway, I was sorting through all the pics on my computer and making sure they are backed up when I came across this photo and had to blog about it. Hope you enjoy!! I think it is probably one of those "you had to be there moments". And for the grace of all I also posted a normal pic of him holding new baby Ash at only 10 days old.

1 comment:

Mee said...

I don't remember Ashlee having that much hair! And I CANNOT believe you did all that to someone you work for...dare devil you! I would only want to do something like that,but probably never carry it out :)

Mia