Monday, November 3, 2008

Halloween Weekend
























































Wow what a crazy weekend! On Thursday Ashlee had a Halloween party at preschool. She dressed up and they went trick or treating around the classroom and then I got to go help with the Haloween carnival. Later that night I took her to the College's trunk or treat and she got a ton of candy. My dad and Lori came too and got to see her dressed up. Ashleee's cousin Nathan came down from up north to go trick or treating with her. We took them to 3 trunk or treats and around my mom's neighborhood and also in Cody's parents' circle. I think they both got more than their own weight in candy. They had so much fun!! I had fun too watching them get so excited about it. Little Nathan was so funny, every time someone answered the door he would just walk right in. One time he walked up to a clear glass door and instead of knocking he just walked right into it and fell on his butt. We could not stop laughing!! Saturday we took the kids to the park and geo cacheing. Then later that night we went to the Staheli Farm. We took them through the big corn maze and they had fun doing all the kids things. I was so proud of Ashlee, you may all remember the story of the train ride ont he 4th of July that was a disaster. She would not go on it and was crying in fear. Well when we got to the corn maze she saw the same train and said she wanted to ride it. In my head I was like yeah right.. Well, she did!! She didn't want to sit by Nathan and she didn't need me to go with her either. She left smiling and returned smiling. I am so glad that she is overcoming a lot of her fears. I swear that telling her she is brave instead of introducing her as shy helps more than anything. We had a lot of fun with Nathan (and his parents). It was sad to see them go but they will be here for Christmas and we can't wait.

4 comments:

Shane and Megan said...

She is SO cute! I cant wait till DAnica is old enough to go trick or treating..... oh wait yes i can because i dont want her to grow up to fast!! Oh and I am taking your advice... I hog Danica all to myself! i LOVE IT!

SarahJane said...

We had so much fun with you guys and can't wait to be back there for Christmas. I already miss the weather --it snowed yesterday and last night--I guess that means it's time to hybernate already! yuck!

SarahJane said...

hey, do you have any pix of Nathan I could steal from you?

Matt and Kaylynn said...

Cute pics!! Its so fun to read all your updates. Looks like you have been busy but that makes life interesting, think of all the things we would miss out on if we just stayed in our houses and did nothing hope to see everyone around Christmas or New Years time.I better go work on updating my Blogg.