Thursday, December 4, 2008

Happy Day!!

I don't have any pics of this happy day but I wanted to tell you all about it still. I haven't had a day for a while where I think of the things that have happened and smile and glow, but today was definately one of those days. So it started off by going to the "Student of the Semester" banquet. Yep, I am student of the semester out of 80 nursing students. Its not a huge award with lots of recognition or anything but it is good to know that your instructors notice you and all your hard work and chose you out of the 79 others they could have chosen. I got a really nice lunch and a beautiful plaque for it. Anyway, so I get back to work from the banquet and I get my Christmas bonus from the doctors. It was more than it was last year and in this lovely economy I was expecting it to be less than it was. So that made me pretty happy, it is also good to hear the doctors tell you nice things like how valuable you are and how they appreciate you. So on with my story, one of my last 3 tests is a Pharmacology proficiency test. You are supposed to get a level 3 (the highest level) and if you don't there is this pain in the butt remediation you have to do and it sucks. These books are in addition to our text books, they are fat, and we aren't even taught out of them. So the tests are soooo hard. I have been taking the practice tests at home over and over and got like a 60% or something at the highest. I have until next Wed to take this one in particular but I just spur of the moment went and took it tonight. I knew I was gonna fail and was really frustrated with myself. Well, I pulled of an 80% which is a level 3. I am so freakin happy!!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I wish I could have a day like that (especially the bonus part)!!! Good for you!!!

Justin, Emily,Nyah & Anastyn said...

Good JOB Tawsh!!! The would be a great ending to a wonderful day!