Monday, June 14, 2010

Memorial Day





























Each year my dad's side of the family goes to Mt Carmel to visit all our relatives that have been buried there. Specifically my grandma Pat. She passed away March '04 peacefully in her sleep and I miss her so much. She was my favorite grandma and Cody and I had moved to Wyoming 10 months before she died so I still to this day feel like I didn't get a fair chance to spend time with her before she was gone. Anyway, it was a fun picnic this year. I got to see a few cousins that I haven't seen in a while, many got to see Lucan for the first time, and I got to finally see my aunt that was recently diagnosed with breast cancer. It was a great trip!! However, just as we were finally all settled and finished eating and just getting the chance to really visit good. My grandpa decided to give us all a scare. He passed out while getting his hair cut and those that witnessed it thought for sure he was having a stroke or dead. I wasn't one of the witnesses but when I heard the commotion and ran over to see what was happening, he truly looked like he was dead or had just become severly mentally handicapped. He just had this certain awful look to his eyes, he was a very ghostly white, and had urine all down his pants. He had even thrown up so, I called 911 cause we were out in the middle of bfe and I wanted to get them there before I assessed him to see how serious it was. While we waited for him we got grandpa down on the ground in the shade, got some cool rags on him, and I checked his pulse, breathing, and did a quick neurological check. He seemed to pass that just fine so I just figured he was dehydrated, or had low blood sugar. The ambulance came, checked him out, gave him some oxygen and then ended up not taking him. We just got him comfortable ourselves and someone took him home. Here's a couple pics I managed to take before all the commotion hit.

No comments: