Monday, September 6, 2010

Ashlee's REAL first day of school!!

My friend took this pic of her daughter Gracie and Ashlee (new best friends). Hollie and i went to the same school from Kindergarten to 12th grade and we think its so neat that our daughters are in the same class.
Ash outside her class. ( I didn't follow her to school, I had Hollie take pics for me)

Standing in line ready to go to class.


Ash was very proud of her new shoes and back pack, so proud that they needed their own pic.








This is how excited she was to get to ride the bus ( i was still doubtful that she'd even actually get on when it came right down to it)





walking up to the bus stop..can you see how full her back pack is?? i tried to tell her i could take her on this first day but she wouldn't let me, she said my back pack has wheels so it won't be heavy.







her new friend sara, i was glad she was here to help her out on her first day. sara bonded with her right away just like a big sister, so cute!!
Ashlee,
words can't describe how proud i was of you today. I needed you to be a big girl on this day so bad and you did it!! After how bad you struggled the last couple of months i was afraid of this day being too big for you and when you disappeared onto that bus i was so proud. As it drove away, I wanted to jump up and down and scream like i did when i passed my nursing exam. I wasn't nervous like other parents of kindergarten students were and i didn't feel the need to follow you to school or worry about you all morning, nor did i cry because you were growing up. instead i smiled huge all morning after you left cause of how proud you made me of you.
love, mom






2 comments:

Erika said...

Awww! How sweet! I am so glad she did well. She looked adorable! I did get a little teary-eyed with Noah. I didn't with the other kids, but I think it's hitting me that they are all gonna be gone soon!

SarahJane said...

Great job Ash! We love you girlie!