
So I am way behind on blogging and I hope to get caught up today. I feel like I blogged more while I was in school than I do now and I can't figure it out, laziness I guess..Anyway, back in September I took Ash in to get her seasonal flu shot. I asked Cody to come with me cause I know how dramatic she is about shots and I would not be able to carry her before or after while she was crying since I am pregnant. Her doctors office is at the hospital so it is quite a walk from the parking lot into the hospital. Anyway, to our luck she fell asleep on the way from our house to the hospital so she didn't immediately start to cry when we pulled into the parking lot. Infact she stayed asleep until we got onto the elevator. When she opened her eyes she asked why we were here and what was going to happen. I told her that we just came to ask her doctor a question. Still no crying..When we got to the receptionist she asked who we were and then said are you here for your flu shot appoinment or to see the doctor. I swear Ash heard those words from across the waiting room cause when I turned to look at her and Cody she was bawling. That bawling continued from then, to getting called back to the room, increased quite a bit during the shot and then continued until well after we got home. I think she ended up crying for 2 hours straight. At home she would not walk or even bend her leg, so she pretty much stayed in the same spot until we took her to bed. The next morning she had not forgotten about her injury. She gently slid her night gown up just passed her thigh and peaked to see that the hole in her leg was still there. She winced in pain while I got her dressed, even putting on her shirt which has nothing to do with her leg. Then when it was time to go to Grandma's she completely freaked out when she was going to have to bend her leg to sit in her car seat. To be honest I felt bad for the girl the first few minutes after we'd gotten home after her shot and then me and Cody just got plain annoyed with her and lost sympathy. So it was the last straw when she wouldn't get into the jeep. Anyway, I guess at Grandma's house she drew a picture depicting this, in her mind, tragic event. Here is the pic I took of that picture. I am dreading getting the H1N1 shot for her, even the mist thats out cause she thinks that is a needle that goes up her nose.
I think all the randomness around the stick figure is her anger and pain about getting the shot. Then you can see a weird shaped thing around the right leg of the stick figure (thats the shot) and you can see a dark point dipping down inside that weird shape heading right for her leg (thats the needle). Look at the poor face on that stick figure, very sad..I think it is kind of amazing that she actually put enough thought into putting her feelings down on paper and creating this pic so I just had to save it.
No comments:
Post a Comment