Sunday, October 18, 2009

A quick trip to Salt lake

This was on display at a museum we went to. Weird I know..and if you look just above Ash's head and to the left you'll see Osama on a Wheaties box. This was her favorite display in the museum. All the other things were too scary..
Just outside the Salt Lake library. We had a fun time chasing the pigeons and looking for ones that weren't the typical gray color. Ash thought it was funny that we'd run and jump at them and make them freak out and fly away.

This is a dorky pic, but I had been trying to chase her with the camera and she kept escaping the photo leaving me with a pic of the tile or the fence and no Ash. Do you see that plastic bag in her left hand? Well, inside the library it was science day and there were all sorts of hands on things for the kids to do to learn about science. This was some "goo" she got to make. She also dug for minerals in the sand, and made a butterfly out of a coffee filter. There were tons of other things to do and me and Ash were having fun but I could tell that Grandma, Uncle Sean, and Aunt Shante were completely bored out of their mind so I didn't let her do everything else. I wish I would have though.




This pic is for you Sean and Shante..he he!! Anyway, I love the fall. The changing leaves, pumpkin pie, cool weather, and hot soup are my favorites. Sean and Shante kept making fun of me and Cheryl for wanting to go on a drive to see the leaves so this is as close as we got to seeing fall leaves and I just had to capture it on camera.



I took this pic from the balcony of the Salt Lake library. That tallest white building below the "U" is the apartments that Sean and Shante live in. Good thing they are on the first floor.



Cheryl, this pic is for you. Just imagine me lifting Ash up to see the bottom of the stairs and letting her peak over the edge. Don't pee your pants now. Ha ha..anyway from the balcony you can look down this stair case and I just thought it would make a cool photo.




This is also from the balcony. The pic below is me holding Ash to try to get this in the back ground. Again, Cheryl--its ok I won't drop her.






We went to the Farmer's market and tasted some delicious fruit and not so delicious goats milk strawberry yogurt. The cutest little park was across the street from the market, along with a cute bridge and river of ducks. We had a very fun time on this what seemed like a short trip to some but longer for others. The weather was nice and it was fun to get away and not have to sleep uncomfortably, pee and poop uncomfortably and almost require CPR while hiking as it was for me hunting.

















Ok and Ash just loved these flowers and thought it would be cute to take a pic by them. She had to take my pic and then below she wanted a pic of her too. She's so funny.

















3 comments:

Josie said...

I love Ash's little crossed leg photo at the bottom. And the stair photo is awesome. You know that pic with Ash at the park in that little cup-looking thing that spins? They have those at that park I was telling you about in Snow Canyon, plus a bazillion other bigger spinny things that make me ill watching them turn, but Ava loves them. I miss the changing leaves in SLC. So pretty.

SarahJane said...

Love your pics! They are so cute and it makes me sad that I wasn't able to come. Btw, there are a lot of leaves changing color where I live if you want to see more. I'll even rake up some piles for you!! hint, hint! Glad you guys had fun!

Lacy J. said...

So fun! I wanted to tell you congrats on babe #2!! You will have so much fun with Ashlee to be your little helper:)Yeah!