
I signed Ash up for summer Kindergarten and today was her first day. I don't think all the schools offer this but hers does and since it was free, I gladly jumped on the opportunity. She has gotten so smart from her preschool/kindergarten class at Little Gems and she really misses the routine of going to school. So, I figured this would help her stay in a routine so she didn't get bored plus she wouldn't loose all the things she learned at Little Gems. The other thing that helpled me make my decision to start her early is her social anxiety. I figured that if she is already familiar with the school, classrooms, where everything is there and the teachers and staff then what could be better. Once August comes and there are tons more kids, she will not be as shy and anxious and I think will do so much better and have more fun, and hopefully she will start making friends now so she'll have a buddy in August.

This says Sandstone Raptors, lol, she is covering the "R". I could not believe how excited she was for this day to come and the fact that she got to start Kindergarten on her birthday really was cool!

Just before this we were taking pics and she finally said, "Come on mom, I don't wanna be late" and took off.

The school serves breakfast every morning 45 mins before class starts so I went with her today to show her where to go and what to do. She thought it was super cool eating with the big kids. I on the other hand hope she can be independant enough to take care of herself and her own food for breakfast and am still debating on if I'm gonna take her to breakfast or not.

After breakfast, each teacher stood up front and called the names of her students. Some of the kids were taking forever to get up there after their names were called and Ash leaned over to me and wispered, "mom, when she calls me name, I'm gonna run up there as fast as I can" And she did, she beat me up front. Some of the kids look lots bigger than Ash and thats because they have 1st graders mixed in too.
This is her cute class room!! The teacher told us few parents that were there to gives hugs and say good bye and Ash just looked at me and waved and shouted "bye mom!!" I gave her a hug anyway.
One last pic before I left and she gave me this look of "get the heck outta here mom"

All smiles when I picked her up..she really had a great time!! The first thing she said to me was "mom they spelled my name wrong".
Ash I can't believe how grown up you are and that you didn't even cry today (and for the record neither did I). You are the best little daughter and we are so glad to have you as ours. Love, Mom and Dad..And HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!
1 comment:
great job Ash! I'm so glad you're so excited about school.
Post a Comment