Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Allergist :(

Ash has had horrible skin her whole life that started as a baby giving us trouble. Nothing and I mean nothing helped. We had presription cream after cream and even ointments and oils, we followed the Dr instructions for Exzema care as best as we could. I always figured her skin was bad cause of her dad. Then I thought maybe she was allergic to something, my guess was horses and dogs just cause she was way worse when she was at either grandparent's house. Well she was finally old enough and her Ped finally said it'd be a good idea to go to the allergist. We saw the specialist from up north who only comes to St. George once a month. And it was the worst experience Ashlee or I have ever had. The above pic is just after they had marked on her. They map out a bunch of different allergens and then prick her back and drop the serum on the prick marks and then watch the reaction. She had to lay on her belly and not move for like 30 mins.
The top left of the pic is the histamine control. It is supposed to turn red and swell like this cause its how they know the test will work and that they have no Benadryl or such in their system to block anything they are trying to do. You can also see some of the other areas barely getting red. The left of her back is trees and animals (top to bottom) and the right of her back is grass and mold (top to bottom). She was already freaking out like someone was pulling all her teeth out with pliers one by one. I had Lucan with me so it was so hard to contain him and comfort her.


This pic shows trees at the top reacting and below that is dog and cat..

You'll notice the extra little dot and line now at the bottom of her left side. That is horse, they had come in before this and told me she was looking allergic to cat and dog and I asked where the horse dot was and was told there wasn't one so I made them put one on. Good thing cause it reacted right away.



So painful!!










This pic brings tears to my eyes..You'll notice again some ezxtra lines and dots now on the right of her back. Since she was highly allergic to the horse I made them put on, they decided to add cow and alfalfa too. She just kept getting poked and tortured and I felt bad. Look how nast that horse mark is!!








I tried to get a pic of her sweet sad face but she was PISSSED OFF so hid her face, can you blame her??





So in concusion she is severely allergic to horses.. The dr said it is best not to let her be around them since she could get super duper sick from one..Next is cat, cow and a bunch of trees equally, then dogs and then the most mild allergy she has is to mold.
We have a strict medicine routine with her now and she has skin that is night and day different than it has been for the past 5 years...I feel bad that I let her be around a dog and a horse almost on a regular basis and was the cause of many sleepless nights and tears screaming that she hated her skin and wanted new. But now she's fixed...except her dreams of a rodeo queen have been shoved to the back burner.






3 comments:

Lisha said...

Oh that is soooo sad!! That's great that you got it all figured out and now know what is causing the problems! Poor girl!!

Erika said...

Oh how terribly sad. But now after all that hard work, you at least know the problems. I'm glad you had them put horse on!! Poor thing. Especially sad about the rodeo dreams!!

Jennifer said...

AH! Poor girl! That looks way painful! : ( Glad you got it figured out though.