Thursday, January 13, 2011

Girl's Trip Vegas 2010

A tradition was started 3 years ago that the girls on my mom's side of the family took a weekend get a way to Las Vegas and stay in a time share. It is tons of fun and great to get away..This place is like paradise and its always sad to have to come home. I remember the first year was a BLAST!!!! The second year I was 11 weeks pregnant and super super tired so the late nights out were a bit much for me but it was still FUN!! I had a horrible blow up at work that year too so most of the trip was spent thinking of that and it kinda ruined things. This past trip I was nursing Lucan so he came a long, it was fun but not all that much of a vacation. And I got lost without my baby and I was scared and thought I was gonna get kidnapped, raped and murdered. The other thing that was on my mind this past trip was Cody..We are super poor right now and haven't gone away together since Ash was a baby so I felt bad that each year I go on this great get a way and leave him behind. I felt super guilty about it. Next year is our last all girls trip and then they say the following year we get to take our families...I kinda wish that next year was family year..Ash would LOVE it to pieces, Lucan would be old enough to enjoy it too and I think Cody would appreciate being included.

This is the view of the pool from our balcony.
Lucan was such a great companion...He slept perfectly, hardly cried and was a nice excuse to not do any late night outs. This was his comfy little bed on the floor.

Lucan rolled over for the first time



Me and Mickie (married to my cousin) She is the funnest girl.



My cousin Jeri. Each year someone else is in charge of picking the weekend, planning meals, a activity or craft and sending out invites. She was in charge this year and made salt water taffy for us to pull. It was so interesting!




And harder then heck to do..We had a few 3rd degree burns from it and very sore hands, most of us pooped out and watched (me being one of them)











The twins trying to work together (my mom and aunt Kay)






Ta da!!!!





Oh Trudy !:) eh??

5 months old HUSKY!!












The whole gang, well minus my grandma--she was probably wondering around lost and talking to strangers..such a crazy lady!!!


He loved the water and even got himself a FARMERS TAN..and can you say beer belly:)






My cousin Jeri is missing from this pic, she had already flown back to Seattle


And a slurpee for the ride home..




















4 comments:

Lisha said...

Fun Girl's Trip! And your new family pictures are sooooo good! It's really cool to see you with two kids!:)

Did you get Ashlee's bedding from TJ Maxx? I can't seem to find another sham. I bought two quilts one for each girl. But I only found one matching sham and can't seem to find another ANYWHERE!!! Help!!

Anonymous said...

So much fun!! I wish I had things like that to do!

Erika said...

Yay! New posts! Girl's trips are so much fun. I love the taffy pull!

And Lucan is getting so big!

Marci and Chris said...

Looks like a blast! And Lucan and Ashley are growing up so fast! They are such cuties!