Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Dr Suess week

Dr. Suess Week 2010..I was so excited for this when I saw the note come home..Both years Ash was in preschool, I saw other kids get to dress fun and have crazy hair day but she never did. It was even other preschools that did it too, so I was always bummed. But this year we got to have fun with it. And it was all I had imagined. We had so much fun picking out clothes, deciding on hair, hats, socks.So the night before this hair do, I was googling and practicing on Ash the whole night..I wasn't finding what I had in mind but I couldn't quit put my finger on it. I saw things that I figured everyone would do and I didn't want her to be normal or have the same crazy hair as someone else and I was running out of time. Then it hit me. Cody was drinking one of those bottles of pepsi that was shorter than a normal one. As soon as he finished it I grabbed it from him and got to work. We started with just one straight up pony, and then I thought it would be cool for the sides to stick out so I grabbed the tops of two of Lucan's bottles and stuck them in. It was almost perfect. I had to cut the pepsi bottle and then instead of Lucan's things I got the lids to my shaving cream which were a bit smaller and they worked tons better. Ash and I finally agreed on something and it looked dang awesome! This is her face when she saw the final doo the morning of school.
We went outside and I sprayed her hair blue, with some black and sparkles. The bows and dress were her idea. She felt like Cindy Loo Who, hence the expression on her face. Silly gal this one is:) She was a little hesitant to go to the bus stop when she didn't see anything else as CRAZY as her but I ressured her that once she got to school she would fit in better. She smiled again and off she went all proud of her hair. Lol, while I was at work I realized..CRAP!!!, my cousin is watching her today and they may go to town or the park or something and poor Ash and Pam for that matter would be so embarrassed out in public. Oops!! Turns out they just stayed in so it wasn't an issue anyway. Ha ha!!

Hat's off to readuing. I tried to get Ash to wear a few CRAZY hats to school but she didn't like anything I put on her at DI or Target. But when she saw this hat, she fell in love with it. So I got it for her, and I thought we were all set. Well, as we were setting her outfit out the night before for school, she informed me that she wanted to wear clothes like Hannah Montana..and her idea of such outfit was skinny jeans, a cute shirt and a fancy jacket. She also didn't want to wear her earings since Hannah never does and she wanted nice high heel boots or shoes. WHAT!!! Don't spring this on me at almost 9pm..so I had to scramble my thoughts together quickly and try to come up with some very convincing suggestions..We ended up doing some levi'ish looking leggins (remember they had to be tight) and a plain shirt..She wore this platform sandles and a cute charm necklace (ash said it was perfect and just what hannah would wear, phew) the only thing i could not come up with was a jacket but I convinced her that it was gonna be a warm day so hannah wouldn't wear a jacket on a day like this. and it worked!!..i thought, when she got home she said that every one thought she looked like "little bo peep", not hannah montana. oops:(

This was wacky Wed..We had fun being creative this day..right down to diff socks and shoes on each foot, a diff earing in each ear, and a diff color of nail polish on each fingernail. She laughed and laughed at herself and said she looked like an orphan girl..



3 comments:

The Isoms said...

The last picture of Ashlee looks like you! Took me back a few years ;-)

Mills Family said...

Yes, I also agree that Ashlee does look so much like you Tawsha. So fun! I love her hair all crazy!!

Erika said...

Fun stuff. We did B's hair like that with the bottle one year..she had a blast with it! I like that you did the sides though too. And how funny that she wanted to look like Hannah Montana.