Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Every Day Hero and Red Ribbon Week

I have loved kindergarten and I can't believe she only has 9 weeks left..I love that her teacher is just a text away. Anytime I have a question or concern I just text her and she answers back. I also love how much Ashlee has changed and grown because of her great teacher. They are always doing the funnest activities and it has been so fun to be involved with her. I get to help in her class once a month (I'd do it more if I had the time), I get to help with her class parties, and in October she was the "Every Day Hero". That is the student that helps the teacher all week, is first in line, and I got to go in and do a spot light on her and help her read a story to her class..
Here we are giving the spotlight: her favorite color purple, her favorite food chicken tacos, her favorite animal horse but she's severely allergic to them and cats, dogs, and cows. She is holding a pic she drew of herself.


She is helping me read the "P" book..

I can't remember what song they were singing here but it was right before the bell rang and they did a couple songs.



This song had actions and they were pointing to their eye. Ash says it is the "left, right, boogie" song.










During Red Ribbon Week, also the week of Halloween she could dress up as her hero..I didn't want to buy a super hero costume just for red ribbon week unless thats what she was gonna be for Halloween and since I had plans for that already, I just did what we could. Ash loves Barbies and what little girls doesn't look up to and admire a Barbie?? So this is what we did..She looked so pretty, it was fun to do her hair like Barbie and put sparkles in it. Ash said nobody in her class understood why she was dressed like Barbie, but she loved it anyway.













No comments: