Saturday, June 11, 2011

Cross Fit Day #15

Team Tabata





Today being our anniversary, I had to force myself to go this am and then I had to convince Cody into coming..He lifted with his back last night when we were told not to and his back hurts. We were afraid if we went this am we'd feel sick and be deathly sore all day and not be able to do what we wanted today to celebrate ;)..Last night Ryan told me we were doing Team Tabata today and so we should come but not kill ourselves for the highest number but get a good workout and we'd be fine..





The workout was:


Sit ups


Box Jumps


Twisting Mt climbers


Jumping Air squats





Tabata is where you work for 20 seconds and rest for ten. This is done 8 times for each of the 4 workouts..Then after each round you get a minute rest. You keep a running total of all the reps and at the end of the WOD that is what you write on the board. In team Tabata I started with Jumping Air Squats and Cody started with the Twisting Mt climbers. We did that for 20 secs rested for ten and then we switched and I did the climbers while he did squats.Since we were rotating through the exercises we did 16 rounds then rested for a minute and then we did the other half..I started with sit ups and cody did the box jumps..That went on for 16 rounds..Our total number was 682.. Broken down as such: Tawsha- mt climbers + air squats=144 and sit ups + box jumps=170; Cody-m.c+a.s=260 and s.u.+b.j.=108..We both took it easy but were still dead at the end..I was sweating like a pig with huge streams of water dripping off my face..It was a nice workout though, one of the funner ones.

No comments: