I was the late shift nurse today and was thinking I was gonna have to miss tonights workout too..We had so many patients today that we had to cut our schedule into thirds to make it fit on the counter instead of just in half like usual..I have never seen that before!! Anywho It was like 5 and we were done, I was amazed!! Then I saw a facebook post from one of my other cousins saying she was sad I wasn't going tonight cause she was and she hoped Pam was gonna be there so she wasn't alone..I was so happy that I was done so I could go on her first time..Then Pam told me it was TABATA again..I was so close to just deciding to hang out at home and watch a movie with cody but then I thought of how lost I feel when I don't go..So I ran and got the kiddos, quickly fixed them dinner when we got home, downed a protein shake, changed my clothes and rushed out the door..(thats how it always is going..rush, rush, rush so I am not late)..One quick side note of how this CrossFit program is changing my life, as I mentioned in a prior post, 100 jump ropes are part of the warm up..I hate hate hate jump roping and yesterday and today I chose to run one lap instead and I hate running too but its getting easier to run those laps so I'd much rather run that than jump freaking rope..
One of Pam's friends had gone to an earlier workout and we saw her number on the board and my mouth was hanging on the floor. She beat everyone with 231 (i think) and i knew I was not gonna come close to that at all.
Here's the W.O.D.
Thrusters
Kettleball swing
Dive bombers
Ring Dips
We did 8 rounds of each of these..pushing hard for 20 seconds, resting for 10 then after 8 rounds we rested for a full minute and moved on to the next.
I tried a couple of the Thrusters with the 45 lb bar but figured I'd drop it on my head or hurt myself some other way so I resorted to two 15 or 10 pound dumbells..The kettle ball swing was easier but I kept hyperextending my back, it was hard for me to get the right form on that one..Dive bombers are my least favorite thing so far..you get down on all 4's and up on your toes..then you duck your head down and push forward kind of like the motion you'd use if you were going under a fence and then the same motion backwards as if you were going backwards under a fence..really awkward for one and two it totally worked your arms and core..my arms were shaking so hard and it was all i could do to keep from falling on my face..I have yet to be able to do ring dips so I do chair dips instead but they are still killer hard..(I did 79 in my 8 rounds). I wish I could remember my other numbers individually but I can't for the life of me. My total number was 276..I was pretty proud of that but I know it had to do with using the lowest weights and sometimes doing incorrect form or the easier alternatives that are still hard for me having no athletic experience otherwise..so I am ok with that and don't feel like a failure or like i take the easy way out.
I was trying to right my name and number on the white board after and it was all I could do to make it legible..i felt like i was writing with me left hand..i had a hard time walking to the car and was shaking so bad I couldn't get my key in the hole for a long time..driving was interesting, i felt drunk..at home trying to deal with the kids was hard especially fine movements like brushing their teeth..i am gonna be one sore momma tomorrow but oh well, at this point i love this feeling..i am going again tomorrow night and sat am and zumba again sat am..sun i rest!!
Tom Lake by Ann Patchett
2 years ago
1 comment:
I forgot there's Zumba Saturday! Gosh I hope I can go.. Matt works Saturday and having the kids up at 8 is hard enough, let alone feeding them and keeping them entertained from 8-10:30! You're doing FABULOUS! I love seeing you do more reps and using heavier weights. It takes yime but it'll happen- I KNOW it!
Post a Comment