6/24 TABATA
plank hold for 20 seconds..i did the hardest way all 8 rds
wall sit
kettle bell swings...i did 20 lbs for the first rd then did 15 lbs for the other 7=73 reps
box jump..i jumped on the tire this time..wahooo!!!!!=70 reps
hammer curl...i did 15 lbs for 1 rd then did 10lbs for the last 7=62 reps
for a total of 205 for TABATA score...
This was one painful workout
I wasn't able to go Sat the 25th..I was able to take Cody, Ashlee, Cody's parent's and sister and our nephew to CARS 2 for free through my work..One of the care centers intown reserved the theater and invited my office to thank us for our referrals..it was a good movie. I was sad to miss working out but once i heard the WOD I was ok with it!!
6/27 WOD #25
100 pull ups
100 kettle bell swings
100 double unders
100 overhead squats
When they posted this WOD on FB the night before my first thought was "yeah right, this must be a sick joke or something". But I talked myself out of the "maybe i will just skip this one" stage and I went. And I was once again proven that your body can do more than you think it can. Is it the environment that makes it happen or am I actually getting physically stronger??
I did all 100 pull ups on the easiest band the black one. I had moved up to green and have slowly started doing the blue. Ryan asked us to do one lower than our normal and so I was trying to decide on doing blue since I was new at that color or going up to red or purple (which ever was next). Tammy saw my confused look and asked if I needed help. I told her what I was trying to decide on and she said to just to black since I was doing 100 and then I could finish them. So thats what I did.
For the kettlebell swings I used a 15# for half and 10#for the other half.
I still can not do a single double under so I did 300 single jump ropes
The over head squats I first attempted with a 45# bar and about dropped the bar on my head so I decided to be safe and used the PVC pipe instead, and it was a good thing too cause I fell on my butt about half way through as I was squatting once. Way embarrassing!!!
My total time was 28:30
6/28 WOD#26
Today was fun..we did our normal warm up and then checked to see what our max dead lift was. According to the CrossFit chart Tammy showed us for the fitness challenge you are healthy if you can lift your body weight and fit if you can lift double your body weight..I could only max lift 85#'s..I tried to do 95#'s but my form was bad so I dropped ten off.
For the WOD we then did 5 dead lifts at 75% of our max, 5 turkish get ups, and 50 sit ups. We did this 3 rounds for time.
My dead lifts were 65#'s, I used the 10# kettlebell on each arm, and did all 50 sit ups the right way. My time was 16:48!!
6/29 WOD #27
AMRAP for 15, rest for 3 mins, then another AMRAP for 5.
AMRAP #1
10 "2-4-1" wall balls-2 w/6lb and 1 w/8 lb
10 Burpees-all the normal way but slowly: 40 total
200 m Run-a total of 700m
for a total of 3.5
AMRAP #2
20 walking lunges: 40 total
15 box jumps: 45 total, used the stool
10 push ups: 27 total
for a total of 2.5
and a grand total of 6
This last WOD was crazy hard!!! I was hot, dizzy and sweating my butt off. i was so shot that I couldn't even do Zumba. The couple things I was proud of on this one was that I did the burpees the right way (they were a little slow) but I still didn't go on my knees or one leg at a time.
Tonight Tammy told me how good I was looking and that I look like I have lost a ton and reshaped already. I have only been doing this for a month now and I love hearing these comments. I am sure they tell everyone this since it helps or confidence and keeps us coming back. But still, it is nice to hear..I am so glad my cousin Jeri told me about her doing crossfit in Seattle and then even more greatful that Pam broke me out of my shell and took me. I am even more greatful that Ryan D, Ryan N, Chad and Tammy are so awesome!! I love this crossfit thing!!
Tom Lake by Ann Patchett
2 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment