I didn't work today or babysit so I was able to go to CrossFit in the am today which was much better..It motivated me to get lots done afterwards and then tonight I went to Zumba with Ashlee and Cheryl..Pam hurt herself working out at home and I feel bad..She is a real go getter and nothing stops her. Ryan tells her to modify and she does the opposite, she is so tough and I think she pushes herself to do more than she needs to..I hope she feels better tomorrow so she can continue this week or she will not be happy..(yes pam I know you are reading this) don't be mad, i just worry about you..
Anyway, on my way to CrossFit this am, I got a text from Pam that read "easy workout, i'm excited!" Then I walk into the gym and Ryan says something to the effect that this workout will kick your butt and I want you to be laying on your back when you are done. Ok maybe its not so easy..and yeah it wasn't..I can't remember the name for the life of me or what the first exercise was called but we had to do 21 reps then 15 reps then 9 reps of just these two things.
squat thrusts and pullups..
i tried the prescribed weight of 45 pounds first and got through almost 5 before one of the trainers could see me in trouble and came over..he helped me do one more andthen said how bout drop down to the 20 pound weights, that was only 5 pounds less than the bar and i was still having a hard time so i went to 15's..i did that set with 15's and then was told to try the 10's next. i probably should have stayed with 15's but they are the experts and i want to listen to them so i can keep making progress instead of hurting something and falling behind..so i did the last two rounds with 10's..there are 5 diff ways you can do pullups..with a band (one of 4 colors) or without..i have always done the black band cause its the easiest one but ryan said he wanted everyone to go up a color from their norm so i did green..i got to 11 on the first set and started barely getting the top of my head to the bar so someone (i have no idea who this boy was) came and put his hand under my feet and gave me just that little i needed to finish..i stayed on the green band for the next two rounds and this boy was there each time to help me mount my band and then helped me finish if he saw me struggle..i finished first with a time of 7:40 but since i was the furthest from prescribed i am not a winner to anyone but myself for finishing day 12..i am sore, so sore that when i got home i could not even do my levi's up..
Tom Lake by Ann Patchett
2 years ago
1 comment:
Oh Tawsh. there's so much to say! I teared up when you said all that about me ;) thanks for caring and for all the kind words :)the squat thrusts are called Thrusters and the presrcibed weight for woen was actually 65... Sorry :( There's NO WAY I did the rx ;)LOL And don't even say you're not a winner! As Jen told me, you're there to beat your own time with the weight you can handle. Your time was fabulous! And here's what someone suggested to me that I'm going to pass on: Usually if I start struggeling with a weight I'll knock it down. That time I stayed on the 45 and just took rests when I felt overwhelmed. That way you're closer to the rx and not flying through the WOD. I really wsh I could find other words to use when I say I'm proud of you but that;s all i can think of & I hope you don't get sick of it. Not only am I seeing improvement in the weights and your stamina but also in your physical appearence and your confidence & I'm LOVIN IT! Congrats!
Post a Comment